Smith & Rodger's AQUASTAIN has been
developed by intermixing a durable waterbased coating
and lightfast dyestuffs.
It is designed for application to wooden unsealed floors
prior to sealing with ESSAR Aquacoat SP, ESSAR Aquacoat
XTRA or ESSAR Polyurethane Varnish. AQUASTAIN holds
its wet line better than traditional light fast stains
and takes approximately 2 hours to dry prior to overcoating.
- Low odour and low flammability
- Does not bleed
- Good Flow
- Easy to apply
- Achieves an even shade across large areas
- Ensure room conditions are warm and dry and
well ventilated. Do not
apply if the temperature is below 13ºC
or the relative humidity is above 65%.
- Ensure surface is clean, dry, sanded smooth
and dust free.
- Apply 1 coat of AQUASTAIN.
- If a darker effect is desired wait 2 hours
and apply a second coat of AQUASTAIN.
- After the floor has been stained it can then
be overcoated using
Aquacoat SP/XTRA or Polyurethane Varnish - three
coats of either coating
||Assuming good application
and curing conditions:
- Touch Dry - 1 hour
- Overcoatable - 2 hours
- These drying times can be reduced, or extended,
depending on the climate and application conditions
||Approximately 15 square
metres per litre, dependent on wood and porosity.
|| Lambswool Applicator,
Brush, Spray or cloth.
||AQUASTAIN is ready for
use but can be thinned with water if required.
Clean tools with cold soapy water immediately after
||Antique Pine, Pine, Light
Oak, Mid Oak, Dark Oak, Red Mahogany, Mid Mahogany,
Brown Mahogany, Dark Mahogany, Teak, Walnut, Blue,
Red, Yellow, White & Black.